Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This is War

Uh lets see. I probably shouldn't wait a week to update, as I'm probably missing a few things when I post. Last Friday I went to Omni Comics for Friday Night Magic. I went even though my friend Jamie was out of state and I usually go with him. I built a kind of crappy Green/Red deck that I managed to come in 4th with out of 16 people. Only won 1 pack... that's one complaint I have about the place I play at; the prize support kind of sucks.

Worked at home today since the landlord was suppose to come and replace some cracked windows, but he never showed up. They called and will probably come to replace them in a week. I don't really care since they are paying for heat, but I don't really want them going into my apartment when I'm not in it so I'm trying to work remotely when they come.

Dan called today (He's the judge at the place I play magic). He wanted to know if I was up for a draft today, so I said yeah and that's what I did tonight. I built a really strong Red/Black deck that was very aggressive, but I lost some key games out of sheer bad luck. First night that I didn't win anything... I guess I can't win them all /shrug.

I discovered that 30 Seconds to Mars, one of my favorite bands, released a new album today, called "This is War." I'm listening to it now for the first time, and I'm not really sure how I like it yet. I'll have a better opinion after I listen to it a couple of times, but I think they went a step down from the power of the previous album.

2 comments:

  1. I'll challenge your red/black deck with my blue/white any day. :-P Not that I'm exactly confident I'd win, it's been a LONG time since I've played.

    It's annoying that your landlord didn't show up when he said he would. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shane

    Hey where you been lately hope thngs are going well for you. I dont anything about this magic game

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete