Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The real world

How do I begin? I'm not going to give all of the details of my life in the first post, so maybe I'll try to incorporate them in future posts. I'll start by telling you about the past month. I intend not to reveal my true identity, so that I may tell even my darkest secrets, although those will have to wait.

On June 1st I started my first job. I just graduated in May and if you are familiar with the U.S. economy, I am very fortunate to have it. I'll be doing web programming and database queries and more. I'm still learning about my job and it'll be a long time before I actually will know what I need to know.

I lived in PA all my life and now with this new job I am living in CT. Essentially I left my friends and family to live in CT with one of my fraternity brothers, who also landed a job at the same company as me. We currently share an apartment, although I fear one day, maybe after the year is up, that he will want to move out and live with his girlfriend who will be out of college then. My bigger fear is that he is trying to find another job so that he can live closer to his girlfriend instead of her coming out here. That would mean the closest person I am to in CT would be gone, and I would be lonely.

This past weekend I got the cartilage of my left ear pierced. I had gotten my earlobes pierced 2 almost 3 years ago, but they closed within the first year I had them. Honestly, I'm not sure why I got it. It wasn't spontaneous; I've been thinking about it for well over a year. It does look cool though, and I think it reveals a part of my personality that I can make decisions without fear.

Let me finish off each post with 5 fun facts or thoughts.
1. I have a younger brother and a younger sister.
2. Two days ago I paid $200 for a pair of Ray Ban's (they're sooo nice).
3. Other than dress socks, I only own black socks that come up to below my ankle. (I have many many pairs).
4. I love The Smashing Pumpkins, 30 Seconds to Mars, and many other bands.

~S

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting a job in this economy fresh out of college. I think I read somewhere that only 19% of college graduates this year got jobs. o_O

    Look forward to reading more of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete