Sunday, July 5, 2009

Azkaban

Spent the 4th with Josh's family since they are here. We attempted to go look at the many shops around, but ironically they closed early for the holiday. We did get to see a pretty nice fireworks show though. Later that night I had a good time playing Lord of the Rings Conquest with Josh and his brother well until after 3 a.m.

This morning his family headed back home. I did some grocery shopping and started browsing slip covers for the couches we just got. The ones I found cost more than the couches did themselves, lol, so I'm going to look on ebay or something when I get around to it.

I told Josh I'd make him come with me to see Harry Potter 6 when it comes out. He had only seen the first 2 movies, so now I am catching him up with 3, 4, and 5. I'm happy that he is willing to watch them with me even though I'm not sure if he wanted to at first. We watched The Prizoner of Azkaban tonight, one of my favs. (Ok, they all are, lol). He followed along very well and was making astute observations of foreshadowing. The sixth movie is going to be awesome, it's just the story is so sad... I really do like the story, I've read all 7 of the books. I don't even consider it a kids story anymore, the way the books get so dark in the end.

Thinking of trying to go to bed early so I can get up early and maybe do some running. That'll get the blood flowing so maybe I'll be a bit more alive during the day at work.

nite

4 comments:

  1. Shane

    I would have just bought the slip covers lol but it is nice that Josh likes HP also

    hope your night goes well and i will get that email to you in the morning

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. kudos to startin a big adventur like that. i hope when its my turn i face it as brave as u.
    good luk with the job.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay harry potter! I think the books are a lot better than the movies though.

    Also (belated) welcome to blogsville. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Jeremy said. Welcome to the blogosphere. Or blogland. Or blogsville.

    Personally I'm partial to blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete