Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lots of magic

So last weekend was member appreciation day at the card shop I play at. So I got up at like noonish and went and played there until 5AM lol... Non stop magic. We often do what we call a 2v2, where just four of us draft and the winning team gets to keep all the rares.

Well for one of the 2v2s I got paired down with an inexperienced player so I was a little upset. Then I opened a really rare and expensive card and was a little flustered, because I knew I was probably going to lose it, so I really tried my best to draft the best deck. I believe I did and we had some great games. In the end we went to overtime and I lost the final match. But afterwards Jake (who beat me) came up to me and asked me to sign his card! With a sharpie! He said it was the best game of magic he's played in a long time and wanted to remember it. I don't know, but I think signing his card was more memorable than if I had won it myself...

This Friday at midnight is the release of a new card set, so I'll be playing at the shop then.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lots of Magic indeed. What kind of deck do you usually play with?

    ReplyDelete