Sunday, November 20, 2011

New Chapter in Life

Well, it's been forever since I last blogged but here is an update. I am now living back at home with my mom and sister! I took a job in Pittsburgh to be closer to family. Plus, it's expensive to rent/live in CT so I'll be living at home for a bit until I pay off some of my student loans. It's not too bad; I get home cooked meals and laundry done without having to go out! I have given up my competitive Magic scene in New England which is definitely a sacrifice, but I'll get to play once in a while.

One big change is that I have to go to bed early and get up real early to avoid Pittsburgh traffic. I travel about 45min to an hour and get to PNC Park at about 7AM! I park there since I have to pay to park in the city and the baseball park is cheaper. It's a small walk across the bridge and it'll suck in the winter, but saving about $7 per work day is worth it.

Truth is I'm already tired of my job! I took a job in software testing, but I really want to do application development. I only took the job because it got my foot in the door and allowed me to move back home, but I'll be applying for an App Dev job soon.

Well, I only have to work 3 days this week then get Thanksgiving and the day after off (like most people), but that will be nice.

I know it's been forever since I posted, so I probably missed a ton, but I'll try to update more often! You probably read that a lot.

-Shane

3 comments:

  1. Well, it's too bad CT didn't work out better, but it's good to be able to move to something that's better. There were a couple of times when I could have taken a job that might have given a "better" career path, but I chose not to take them because of personal commitments and family loyalty. So I understand the desire to be near family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know your doing ok. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see the update!

    Best of luck in finding better jobs in the area. I don't think I could live at home with my parents for an extended time anymore, haha, so kudos to you. :-P

    I wish I got Thanksgiving and the day after off . . .

    ReplyDelete