Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Time flies

 There is a novel recently released by the poet Ocean Vuong that was in the news and it made me think of my time in Connecticut when I started this blog. I had actually hooked up with Ocean one night in Connecticut. He had told me he was a poet and that he did some readings. Then one night I saw him on a late night talk show and I was so surprised. I even told my sister that I had hooked up with him!

A lot has happened in the 4.5 years since I last posted. 

My brother passed away June 2017 from an overdose. That has taken a toll on all of us, especially my Mom and Sister. His daughter was four and I think wasn't able to process emotions at that age. My Mom adopted her and she's technically a younger sister to me now.

I wasn't negatively impacted by the pandemic, fortunately. I actually benefited from saving money working from home. I decided to invest some this past winter and I had frequented the Wallstreetbets Reddit forum in the past, so I browsed for some tips. I came across the Gamestop due diligence and decided to put all my money into that stock. I'm sure you all heard about what happened, so yeah I made a life changing amount of money. 

I live next to my grandparent's house and they recently had to move out into a nursing home because they couldn't take care of themselves anymore. So now it looks like they will sell the house to me. So coming into that money came at just the right time for me to afford it. I'm not one to think too much about divine plans, but I sometimes feel like the timing was crazy.

I'm 35 now and sometimes feel like I've wasted the last 10 years by not dating/starting a family. I know I've been helping out with my now litter sister and Mother so it wasn't totally wasted, but those years of my youth are gone. Now that I may have my own place I can think about dating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment